No matter if you are a small business or a large multinational company, the common challenge that all organizations face is effectively implementing Lead Generation campaign ideas. Most companies understand that they need to indulge in activities that help in generating leads for their businesses but when it comes to strategizing and actually seamlessly implementing lead generation campaign ideas, most don’t know where to initiate operations.
According to a survey conducted by Gartner, 58% of businesses felt lead generation was a key challenge that they faced and 40% of businesses described their lead generation strategies to be outdated. To question the status quo and contribute to making things better, we bring to you a detailed blog on lead generation campaign ideas for 2021. This blog will help you develop strong lead generation campaign ideas so that you always have a bunch of leads to work on. If you are a small business or a startup, make sure to read Top 20 lead generation ideas for small businesses. Let’s dive into the basics and explore various lead generation campaign ideas.
Lead Generation? What actually is that?
If we put it briefly and subtly, lead generation is the thorough process of identifying people who are your prospects and who can be converted into permanent customers to drive your business. Traditionally, lead generation was a product of either cold calling or sending e-mails, hoping to convince the prospects so that they agree to give a shot to the products/services being offered. It has become crucial to stay on top of the changes happening in the market to build strong lead generation campaign ideas.
A lead is a person who has shown interest in your offerings. That person is called a prospective customer.
Why would a business need Lead Generation campaign idea?
Lead generation plays a major role in the process of converting a stranger into a promoter of your company. The inbound marketing methodology consists of the following steps:
- Attract: The first step is attracting strangers to your business by communicating your USPs. Once the stranger is attracted, he becomes a visitor.
- Convert: The next step includes converting the visitor into a solid lead. A prospective customer who has shown interest in your business
- Close: The next step involves using CRM to close the solid leads and make them customers of your business.
Lead generation campaign ideas are the most crucial for carrying out the above-mentioned process with ease.
What are the processes involved in Lead Generation?
After having successfully understood the role lead generation campaign ideas play in the inbound marketing methodology, let’s focus on the process of lead generation. Several steps are involved as discussed below:
- The first step involves the stranger getting attracted by your communication, either on your website through blogs or on social media platforms
- The next step involves the stranger clicking on your call-to-action (CTA) to reach your website or a landing page that converts the stranger into a visitor
- Then the visitor clicks on the sign-up form or other call-to-action on your website that leads them to another landing page that will record their details. This process is the conversion of visitors to leads.
- Once the visitor fills out the form, he/she becomes a solid lead for you.
How can Lead Generation Marketing help businesses?
Quality of leads is considered to be one of the key metrics for the success of any business. Without quality leads, a business will not be able to develop the required customer base that will affect the sales and halt the growth of the business. Implementing effective lead generation campaign ideas can help drive quality traffic to your website, which means you will possess a quality customer base and more revenue for your business. Let’s highlight some benefits that lead generation marketing provides businesses:
- Increase your customer base: Effective lead generation campaign ideas enable you to expand into new markets
- Build a Community: One of the major aspects of lead generation campaign ideas is content curation. The more quality content you put out there for your prospects as part of the lead generation marketing, the bigger community you can create. This community can include people that admire your brand and may become loyal customers.
- Increase Sales: With effective lead generation strategies, you can reach a larger prospect base. This means that your chances of converting prospects into customers become very high and you can boost your sales.
- Generate Business Opportunities: Through lead generation strategies you can reach out to brands that are not directly competing with you but can collaborate with you for mutual benefits.
- Enhance Brand Awareness: Properly executing lead generation strategies can help your business reach out to a larger audience and improve your brand awareness. You can read more on How to Increase Brand Awareness for small businesses?
Top Lead Generation Campaign Ideas:
Let’s now discuss in detail the top strategies that you can use to carry out effective lead generation campaigns:
1. Gated Content never disappoints:
Gated content is the content that the user can access only once they fill a form and provide you their details. Unlike ordinary landing pages, gated content is unreachable until the user completes a lead capturing form. Only then will the content be accessible for the user. This is a strong lead generation campaign idea as it provides value to the user for free and in return gives your business quality leads.
2. Website optimization is the key:
It is essential to make a lead magnet visible and easily accessible for the users visiting your website. Use a marketing funnel on your website to filter the quality prospects and direct them toward the lead magnet. This will ensure that you have quality leads all the time. Make sure the lead magnet is highlighted and is incorporated throughout the website to increase the chances of capturing quality leads as part of lead generation campaign ideas. Learn more about What is the importance of a website for a small business?
3. Incorporate lead magnets into Social Media platforms:
Social media enables all businesses to engage with their respective audiences. Make sure to promote your valuable lead magnets on all your social media platforms. This ensures a large segment is exposed to your lead magnet which improves the chances of gathering some quality leads for your business as part of the lead generation campaign ideas.
4. Run Social Media Paid campaigns:
Promoting your business through social media paid campaigns can help you gain a wider reach for your lead magnets. You can customize your ads on Facebook, Instagram, etc. utilizing their advanced targeting options and drive the campaign according to your business needs. The biggest advantage of targeting options that you get with social media platforms nowadays is that you can target the prospects who would already be interested in your offering. This will increase your chances of obtaining quality leads as part of your lead generation campaign ideas.
5. The classic referral program is still effective:
Empower your existing customers by offering them rewards in exchange for any leads that they might generate for you. These rewards can be any benefit like offering the new product for trial, discounts, etc. People trust word-of-mouth marketing and hence make your existing customers your promoters and never fall short of leads again.
Strategize Lead Generation Campaign Ideas Effectively!
You can use the above-mentioned strategies to make your lead generation mechanism more efficient. Developing a stable lead generation strategy is the key to the success of any business. We hope this blog helps your business in achieving success.
Connect with our experts and frame the perfect lead generation strategy!
What are you waiting for?