Brand recognition? Indeed. Targeting the right audience? Undoubtedly. Smart technology? Affirmative. Nice. But is there any tangible evidence out there of how small businesses have actually used Google Ads to climb up the growth ladder? Oh yes, we have scouted the internet and now present to you just these companies. And as is our won’t to do, we give you some tips on how to make best use of Google Ads to further your business.
Some benefits for small businesses using Google ad.
Allow us to tell you a story. Meet Buz S – a small business. It has just crawled out of its cradle. Let’s see what happens when it steps out in the big bad world of advertising!
- Buz S peeps out. Sees Big Businesses everywhere! ‘How do I get noticed with all that?’ it wonders. Jumps on to Google ads. An instant level-playing field. By working out specific keywords, Buz S lands itself up close to the biggies on the top of the search results. Thus, Google Ads lets your small business get discovered and compete instantly.
Case Study – Chumbak Homecare, India, a start-up, exploited Google Ads to such an extent that their sales rocketed by 35% in just 3 months. Consequently, Google chose them as one of the 3 companies world-wide, as a case study on how companies have fruitfully used Google ads.
- ‘Now,’ thinks Buz S, ‘I want to target only so-and-so customers. But not those far-and-away ones! How in the world do I manage that?’ Google Ads to the rescue again! Out pours numerous targeting options, like displaying this small business’s Google ads only to people in that particular area, so it becomes easy to target the right audience for its business, without wasting ad money on an unintended audience.
Case Study – Jumpstart Preschool, India, by charting out locally applicable details in their Google ads set-up, had their enrollments jump from 18/year to 500/year.
- ‘Hmm’, ponders Buz S further, ‘Why should I target 1 industry only? Looks like Google ads might just be my pal here too in pushing my small business to other verticals as well.’ How right it is! Again, by using industry-specific keywords, customers from related industries can also be brought to the small business. E.g. searching things like cricket gear and football clothing, can show ads leading to your sportswear shop.
Case study – Honest Soul Yoga, US, not only whooped up its intro offers to double the number in 60 days by using Google ads, but also successfully targeted military members, as it’s a way of calming mind and body.
- ‘Yippee! Now that I’m sitting pretty with all my numbers, why don’t I act smart and use some hi-fi technology to jazz up my game further?’ reflects, Buz S. Google’s powerful tools – ad management, tracking, AI, analytics tools, Smart campaigns, Google Ad Extensions and Dynamic Search Ads, are all smart and economical technologies used by small businesses to reach their target audience and increase conversions.
Case study – By using Google Ads, Dogue, Australia, capitalized on Smart campaigns by fashioning the innovation and advertising technology for small businesses. Dogue could create super-quick ads and get productive results like generating leads, making its phone buzz constantly or get customers running to its store.
- ‘Pretty pictures! Let’s spread ‘em up everywhere!’ Buz S wants to go all out. With Google ads now as its firm chum, this small but growing business wants to use Google’s display network where its ads can be displayed as banner ads across many forms of internet sites. Google display reaches 90% of worldwide internet users, across millions of websites, blogs, Gmail and YouTube.
Case study – Initially targeting local audience, Sitara Foods, India, flung out Google’s Display Ads to catch international audiences, by using YouTube creators to drive brand recognition. The happy result – it now exports to 160 countries, with 90% of global orders coming in through Google Ads.
And, as we can see … thanks to the big-heartedness of Google ads, (!) Buz S lived happily ever after…well…for a long time, anyway!
Small Businesses – How to make your Google ads robust?
- Reach close-by customers – Bleed Google dry! It wants you too! Using features like Geotargeting and Google My Business, you can pull nearby potential customers. E.g. If you’re a mobile shop and someone in your area Googles ‘mobile stores near me’ – the ad for your small business can come hurling on top the page.
- Use Google ad extensions – Enrich your ad! Enlighten your customers! Ad extensions make your ads appear attractive and informative, by providing info like phone number, sitelinks, callouts of your small business.
- Limit your Google ad keywords – Not all that glitters… (you already know how that ends!) Similarly, not necessarily all your keywords are gold! Meaning – some keywords that you think are ‘glittering’, might actually be weighing down your pocket. E.g. you sell trekking shoes. Although all sorts of shoe buyers might click your ad – walking, hiking, tennis; not all would buy your stuff, but yet it would cost you that click. So, by removing excess keywords, your small business offers precise targeting for your customers while cutting down costs as well.
- Keep an eye out for new Google features and announcements. Woe betide anyone who misses out on this one! Be sure to follow and adopt as applicable to your small business – any latest features, news or algorithm changes that Google ads dishes out. Not only will this help you to gain those small marketing wins, but it will also keep you ahead of all that competition. For e.g. follow sites like Search Engine Journal that keeps doling out tips on Google ads.
So, Google ads can really motor up your small business. The proof lies in the pudding and we have just served you lots of it! Just remember to adopt the right Google strategy that applies to your business.