If you are a startup or a small business, it is clear that you have the perfect product/service to offer. This, however, is only part of the job done. In the current digital age, apart from having your offerings in place, it is essential to have a complimentary online presence for your brand.
According to a report by Hubspot, the biggest challenge that startups and small businesses face in today’s challenging world is generating leads and relevant traffic for your business. A Guide for Lead Generation Campaign Ideas talks in detail about lead generation for your business. There are more than 4.5 billion social media users around the world.
This makes social media the best avenue for a business to reach out to a larger customer base without having to shell out a lot of money. This works wonders for startups and small businesses, as they have higher budget constraints. Social media marketing for startups is an effective digital marketing strategy to utilize social media to the fullest.
What is Social Media Marketing for Startups?
Social media has proven to be a secret weapon for startups and small businesses to boost brand awareness and generate relevant leads for their business. Social media marketing for startups is establishing your brand presence on social media platforms which in turn can help you boost your brand awareness, increase sales, and drive more traffic to your website.
All in all, it helps you establish your brand in the online space and connect with your audience to build strong and long-lasting relationships. A large part of this involves curating content that provides value to the audience and is relatable at the same time. Pushing this content with relevant communication which is in line with the brand personality on your social media profiles.
For more on content marketing, you can read What is Content Marketing and how to do it? Social media marketing for startups enables your brand to engage with your audience, analyze your efforts, reach a wider, tailored audience with focused advertisements to grow your brand.
What are the pillars of Social Media Marketing for Startups?
The basic pillars of Social Media Marketing for startups are:
- Strategy: This involves clarifying your goals, specific social media platforms that you want to focus on, the type of content you want to put out, etc.
- Planning: This involves curating a calendar of the content to be posted on your social media profiles well in advance and devising proper timing and being consistent with the posting.
- Engagement: This involves being updated with what your audience is saying about your brand and communicating with them in the right way.
- Analyzing and Improvising: This involves keeping a track of how your social media platforms are performing and making changes based on your observations to gain a better result.
- Advertising: This involves spending money to reach a wider, more specific audience. Social media marketing for startups allows you to target audiences based on demographics, interests, behaviors, and much more.
Why is Social Media Marketing for Startups essential?
The benefits of Social Media Marketing for Startups are plenty, like:
- Increase Brand Awareness. You can read more on How to Increase Brand Awareness for startups?
- Pour more traffic to your website
- Generate quality leads and increase sales
- Reach a wider audience
- Increase brand trust by enhancing engagement
- It is cost-effective
- Build Brand Reputation
What are the types of Social Media Marketing for Startups?
There are two types of Social Media Marketing for Startups:
- Organic Social Media Marketing: This involves putting your efforts into social media marketing without investing money into it.
- Inorganic Social Media Marketing: This involves investing money to boost your posts to reach a specified, wider audience.
What other strategies you can use in order to strengthen Social Media Marketing for Startups?
In addition to putting your efforts into Social Media Marketing, you can invest your efforts in complementary strategies that can help strengthen social media marketing for your business. Here are some of the marketing techniques that you can focus on, in addition to Social Media Marketing for Startups to strengthen your overall marketing processes:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This is a crucial strategy as it helps to rank your website on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Identifying the right keywords and using them strategically in the content of your website can help users find your website easily. You can read more at Why is SEO critical for SME Businesses? Focusing on the SEO of your website can in turn help you with your social media marketing and build your presence in the online space.
- Retargeting: It is a method of reminding people again about your brand. People who are familiar with your offerings but haven’t committed to buying yet can be retargeted with advertisements. Statistics have proven that the click-through rate (CTR) of a retargeting ad is approximately 10 times higher than that of a regular ad. Focusing on retargeting can strengthen your social media marketing.
- Email marketing: It is the process of reaching out to your existing/potential clients via email. You can promote your business or your brand offerings through an email. This is a crucial marketing strategy and you can use it to cross-promote your social media profiles too. Investing in email marketing can really help you strengthen your social media marketing strategy.
There you go. We have tried to sum up all about Social Media Marketing for Startups in this blog. It is important to understand that Social Media Marketing for Startups is simple, but it is not EASY. It can get a little tricky sometimes. You might not get the desired reach, your campaigns might not work on the first go, and even though it is cost-effective, more often than not, you might not get the desired return on investment. But with continuous experiments, proper analysis, effective improvisation, you can get there. Even if you can’t, don’t worry. My Big Brand Story is here for you!
Leave social media marketing worries out of the window.
Get in touch with our experts today!